Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Blog


In about six days SATE begins rehearsals on its 14th show - Eleemosynary by Lee Blessing.  SATE has been going through a huge transitional period for some time now, but it's finally starting to feel like we have settled into a routine.

I will admit, I was skeptical when I first heard about Eleemosynary.  I thought it would seem dated, maybe a little precious.  But as I read and re-read the script, especially once I knew they cast and I could read it with the three amazing actors in mind, I have come to feel its impact.  Eleemosynary is an amazing play for so many reasons - mostly knowing the potential for such beautiful physicality because of the cast.  Three founding member of SATE are performing together for the first time in over two years - probably closer to three.  I relish the familiarity.  Such a homecoming, for many reasons.

In emails to one another, we have confessed our excitement and nervousness.  Hopefully this blog will be a place we can share and process - not only for this production, but for all those to come.

I am so proud to be a member of this ensemble.

~Ellie Schwetye


No comments:

Post a Comment