Saturday, October 20, 2012

It's always yes and no.

Artemis:  often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo.  She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. 

WHOA!

This is who my character is named after?!

Artie is a daughter.  Artie is a mother.  Artie is mean.  Artie is kind (well kind of).  Artie is sad.  Artie wants happiness.  Artie puts up barriers.  Artie wants to break them down.  Artie wants to love.  Artie wants to be loved.

Okay, some of those things I get and some I don't. 

I love Artie and I'm loving every minute of getting to explore her; whether it be her mythological roots or understanding (and digging into) her many different characteristics. 

And here's one thing I very much do understand...

Echo:  Do you love me?  Do you?
Artie:  Yes.  And no.  It's always yes and no. 

Isn't it always?  It's not easy to love someone.  It never has been and it never will be. 

But you know what...I'm in love with love.  I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

Love,

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Something that I find so refreshing (and infuriating) about ARTIE is her intense honesty when confronted with feeling. She is authentic--and that is an uncomfortable way for a lot of people to be. I choose to appreciate that about her...and I admire that she is able to be so painfully honest with her daughter--most people are unable (or unwilling) to do that. But she does. And she does so at a very crucial place in their journey together...and I admire her for it.

    xoxo
    Dorothea

    ReplyDelete